Audiovisual Festival ZEMOS98 presents the 10th edition of its international call for audiovisual video creations.
The festival will be celebrated from 24th to 30th March, 2008
Deadline for submissions: 10th November, 2007
1. PARTICIPANTS. Participants (of any age or nationality) may submit as many works as they wish, on independant tape or disc, of any year of production, as long as each work:
Has been made on VIDEO, either analogue or digital.
Is in Spanish, or any other language as long as it is subtitled in Spanish or English.
Has a maximum duration of 20 minutes
We declare our emphatic support for concise and synthetic works, not just in terms of narrative values but also as a way of ensuring the quality of the festival screenings.
If your work lasts more than 20 minutes and you are in any case interested in submitting it, it is compulsary to explain the reasons why you are sending your work in the online form, available at www.zemos98.org. Otherwise, the corresponding work will not be viewed by the Selection Committee.
Screenings will be monocanal.
The theme and genre are open.
2. SUBMISSION. Each work must be submitted on a separate tape or disc (NTSC or PAL), rewound to the start if applicable, labelled with the author’s name and the name and duration of the work, and accompanied by the documentation set out in point 3 of these guidelines.
Regardless of the original videographic format used, works must be submitted in one of the following formats: VHS, S-VHS, MINI.DV-SP, DVD, SVIDEO-CD, VIDEO-CD, .AVI o .DV. Your can also upload a video file in DVD PAL quality (MPEG-2 - 720x576 px - 5mbp bitrate aprox.) to an on.line server (if you do not have your own on.line server, we recommend archive.org or blip.tv). The recommended format is MINI.DV - SP.
Works selected for the Official section will be asked to send (in 10 days time after communication) a copy in MINI.DV – SP with no subtitles. Besides, these works will be asked to supply a text file with the transcription of the dialogues in its original language (apart from other languages if possible), including timecodes.
3. REGISTRATION AND DOCUMENTATION: Authors must register through an online form, available at www.zemos98.org.
Submissions must be accompanied by at least two images (in JPG or PNG format, and no larger than 250kb). If you don’t send your images through the registration form, you can e-mail them to us at email@example.com. Authors of the works selected for the Official Section will be asked to supply two high-quality images (at least 720 x 576 pixels). ZEMOS98 will use these images at www.zemos98.org or any printed information that will be made before and after the festival, as well as the annual printed zemos98 catalogue.
You may also include any additional information such as production details, promotional material, etc.
Any errors or missing information on registration forms will be posted on the zemos98 web site, together with the deadline for submitting this information. If any missing and/or incorrect information has not been corrected by the 15th of November, the corresponding work will not be viewed by the Selection Committee.
4. SUBMISSION: Works can be submitted by post or courier, or delivered in person, by November 10th, 2007. Only works postmarked before November 10th will be accepted.
The address for submissions is:
FESTIVAL AUDIOVISUAL ZEMOS98
Universidad Internacional de Andalucía
Monasterio de Santa María de las Cuevas,
c/ Américo Vespucio, 2 Isla de la Cartuja.
41092 Sevilla SPAIN
5. SELECTION: Festival organisers will select the best videos for three different categories:
The Official Selection, which will be screened on the final two days of the Festival. ZEMOS98 will edit a DVD in July 2008, which will contain the best videos from the Official Section.
Pantallas Paralelas section, a selection of works that will not only include works received in this call.
Pantallas Paralelas on.line section, a selection of works by authors that authorize ZEMOS98 to screen works on.line at www.zemos98.org.
ZEMOS98 agrees to pay 150 € for every work participating the Official Section for the purposes of presenting the work and public screening.
ZEMOS98 agrees to pay 50 € for every work participating the section Pantallas Paralelas and/or Pantallas Paralelas on.line for the purposes of presenting the work and public screening.
All information relating to the short videos, as well as the date, time and place they will be screened, will be posted on www.zemos98.org
DVD.ZEMOS98 [10a EDICIÓN]. ZEMOS98 will edit a DVD, which will contain the best videos from the Official Section. This DVD will be toured around the world, which implies international diffusion for the artists and their works. Authors will sign a non-exclusive cession of screening rights to participate the DVD, which has a Creative Commons License.
PREMIO RTVA MEJOR OBRA ANDALUZA - 2.400 € to best andalusian work to produce a new project.
PRIZE FOR THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN WORK. We have created a special category to acknowledge the best work submitted out of all the works received from Latin American authors. The prize includes a grant for accommodation and enrolment fees in the Master of Audiovisual Communication held every two years at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucia facilities in Rábida, in the region of Huelva.
MEETING OF AUDIOVISUAL CREATORS. Festival organisers will invite and provide accommodation for all authors selected for the official section (if there is any work with more than one author, a maximum of two will be invited by the festival). This meeting will take place over three days. The idea is to discuss aspects relating to audiovisual culture, and give authors the opportunity to comment on the selection and on ZEMOS98 in general. Industry professionals and other creators will also be invited to screen their work and contribute their thoughts.
There is also an audience special mention, judged by the votes of the public attending the Official Section. This mention means that the corresponding work will be included in the DVD.
The organization could declare any section null and void and rescind any prize, as well as award any other specific mention not specified on this guidelines.
Prizes are subject to withholdings established by current law. ZEMOS98 will communicate instalments of pay.
Authors and/or producers of all works receiving a prize or mention promise to specify it in every publicity and press information, as well as on previous or final credits, respecting what decided the organisers and using the logo of ZEMOS98.
7. SCREENINGS. Public screenings of the official selection will take place in ZEMOS98 venue, in March 2008. The festival program will be made public well in advance, and posted on www.zemos98.org.
Authors and/or producers of all works authorize ZEMOS98 to use an excerpt of works (not more than one minute duration) disseminate information in any media.
8. RETURN OF MATERIALS. All works submitted will be included in the videoteca.zemos98 video library, and may be screened for cultural and/or educational (in no case commercial) purposes in the various screenings that are organised throughout the year, which will be posted on www.zemos98.org. ZEMOS98 will not give, sell or rent copies to other institutions or private persons interested without written consent by the producer of the corresponding work.
9. CONTACT. You can find updated information about the Festival and related activities on www.zemos98.org. For any questions or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. The organisation will not be liable for any accidents that may affect submitted works. The organisation reserves screening rights to works that may be harmful to human rights. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these guidelines. Any unforeseen circumstances or changes to these guidelines will be resolved by the organisation and reported on www.zemos98.org and the zemos98 mailing list.